Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Your place in this world

A question from a very dear friend of mine just stroked me today:
"Do you know where your place in this world is?"

(Couldn't you ask me a more difficult question, Honey?? :-P)

Honestly, I don't know.
I always think of myself of a natural being who is floating around in the history of humankind. And I have no slightest clue on where I am going to. I would love to be able to give a clear answer, but I simply can't. I've been searching for an answer to that question myself. How could a blind person describe to another person a place that he/she can not see?

It is sad, isn't it? After living for almost 30 years in this world, I still can not find the answer of where my place is... And probably I will never find the answer until the Angel of Death pays me a once in a lifetime visit!

But, I can surely tell you that I would not stop on that point of 'nowhere to go'. Sometimes, life gave me pieces and bits of the answer. Or at least, a 'hint' to an answer. Many people might disagree, but for me, there were hints everywhere: pieces and bits that were helping me to discover who I was and in that matter were also giving me a sense of direction.

So, I think, and this is special for you, my very dear friend, I would like you to see one of the pieces and bits I found in my life journey: a song by John Denver, "Sweet Surrender".

Lost and alone on some forgotten highway
traveled by many remembered by few
Looking for something that I can believe in
Looking for something that I'd like to do with my life
There's nothing behind me and nothing that ties me
To something that might have been true yesterday
Tomorrow is open right now it seems to be more than enough
For just be here today
I don't know what the future is holding in store
I don't know where I'm going
I'm not sure where I've been
There's a spirit to guide me a life that shines for me
My life is worth to live in
I don't need to see the end

Sweet, sweet surrender
Live, live without care
Like a fish in the water
Like a bird in the air

Wonderful, isn't it, being 'free' as a bird and a fish? I might not know where my place is, but I can tell you the message of life from this song is strikingly clear for me: Sweet surrender...

Vita brevis, carpe diem!
(Life is short, seize the day!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home